Newly Diagnosed Diabetes Gift Guide
Being diagnosed with Type 1 or Type 2 diabetes can be a really overwhelming time. There are a lot of new things to learn, such as how to check your blood sugar, count carbs, and take insulin injections. Your mind is constantly juggling different stressors and concerns. Is my blood sugar too high or too low? How many carbs are in this meal? What will I miss out on now? What type of supplies do I need to have on hand? There are a lot of supplies newly diagnosed diabetics need to take with them on the go, whether it’s a week-long trip or a five-minute walk down the road. It can be a challenge to remember all of your diabetic supplies when you go out, and keeping them organized can be challenging, especially for children.
There are ways to help those in your life who are newly diagnosed with diabetes manage their diabetic supplies easier.
Best Gifts for Those Managing Diabetes
Supply bags are one of the best gifts for newly diagnosed diabetics. They can hold everything a diabetic could need and help alleviate stress. Diabetes supply bags that are insulated can also help to protect snacks, test strips, and insulin vials. Insulated bags are very important for two reasons. One, it is important to keep your insulin and test strips cool. This prevents them from going bad and becoming inaccurate or ineffective. Two, it is a great way to pack snacks for low blood sugar without them becoming hot.
- 3 elastic loops and pocket perfect for vials, pens, or pump supplies
- Large zippered pocket for lancets, glucose, and pen tips
- Separate trash pocket for test strips and pen tips
- Pocket for ice pack (not included)
- 7.75" X 5.5" X 2.5"
DIABETES INSULATED CONVERTIBLE SUPPLY BAG
- Roomy, soft sided design with 3 zippered compartments
- Large insulated back pocket perfect for keeping insulin cool or can be used to carry larger items like the Dexcom inserter, Medtronic inserter, pump site changes, pods, or personal items like a wallet
- Middle compartment unzips to lay completely flat for easy glucose testing
- Includes Test Strip Trash Can that holds all those pesky used test strips
- Carry as a handheld bag, cross-body or a belt bag
- Removable waist belt ranges from 23in to 50in
- Room for insulin pens, pump supplies and daily testing supplies
Diabetes Gifts for Under $30
For a smaller gift that will still have a big impact, consider some of these gift ideas under $30.
- Secure glucose meter with provided hook and loop patch that sticks to back of meter
- Pocket for insulin pens or glucose tabs
- Mesh pocket for alcohol swabs, medications, and more
- Loops for test strips, insulin vial, and lancing device
- Front pocket for extra storage
- Case fits glucose meter, test strips and lancet
- Slip pocket on front and three card slots on back
- 6" X 4" X 1"
- Does not fit insulin vial or insulin pens
Diabetes Gifts for Under $15
Diabetes gift baskets are also a great way to help provide newly diagnosed diabetics with several of the supplies they will need in the future. These gift items under $15 make fun additions to any diabetic gift basket!
SEGAL'S PREMIUM DIABETIC SOCKS
- Non-Binding - Comfortable loose fit top band that promotes circulation and stays up while leaving no marks
- Seamless Toes - flat-felled seam prevents rubbing that can cause blisters
- Terry Cushioned Foot Bed - Extra padding for comfort & injury prevention.
- Anti-Microbial -Ultra Fresh Treatment prevents bacterial & fungal growth
- Moisture Wicking - Keeps feet dry to prevent skin infection
- Cotton Blend - Natural breathability and softness
- Fiber Content - 80% Cotton, 13% Polyester, 5% Rubber, 2% Span
- Catch all supply bag
- Perfect for on the go
- 10" X 7" X 3"
Diabetes Gifts for Travelers
Give your loved ones with diabetes who love to travel some peace of mind with bags designed uniquely for their adventures. Sugar Medical’s bags for travelers are built to store every essential diabetes supply you need in a highly visible way. Stress less knowing that you won’t forget a thing with a bag that allows you to easily see all your essentials and keep them safely together. Arrive at your destination ready to enjoy your time without worry!
- Pockets for glucose meter and lancing device
- Loops for insulin vials and pocket for insulin pens
- Back compartment for a glucagon kit, infusion sets, extra pods, snacks, glucose tablets, and more
- Includes a removable pouch
- Adjustable strap
- ID Cardholder
DIABETES INSULATED SLING BACKPACKS
- Fully insulated compact design
- Holds glucose testing kit, glucagon, and snacks
- Pockets for keys and phone
- Mesh pockets for 16 oz water bottle
- Adjustable strap extends from 22”- 44.5” in
Newly Diagnosed Gifts Just for Kids!
Children newly diagnosed with diabetes also benefit greatly from a great supply bag that can keep their diabetes supplies protected and organized. You can also include a few fun stickers and silicone cases that let them personalize their gear to reflect their own interests and personality!
KIDS DIABETIC SPIBELT® WITH A PASS-THROUGH HOLE
The Kids’ SPIbelt® is perfect for active children who need to carry medical supplies such as insulin pumps, inhalers, EpiPen®, or CGMs (continuous glucose monitoring systems). The Kids’ SPIbelt holds insulin pumps close to the body without tangling or bouncing. Every Kids’ SPIbelt can securely and comfortably accommodate cords and infusion tubing through a reinforced pass-through hole. The pass-through hole is discretely placed behind the pocket to allow infusion tubing to feed through the patented pouch design. SPIbelt won’t ride or shift while participating in vigorous activities.
Youth of all ages can enjoy this adjustable fanny pack. Fits waist size 18″ through 24″. Our diabetic accessory averagely fits 2 years old to 10 years old.
Sugar Medical has a wide variety of stylish and fun supply bags that make great gifts for those newly diagnosed with diabetes. Check out more diabetes gift ideas to find the perfect gift for your family and friends managing diabetes.
Leave a comment